Monday 17 January 2011

Pugly


A little while ago, I took the plunge and started to offer my illustrations for sale as prints. I mounted hundreds of prints, made matching keyrings and magnets, got myself a table at a fair, and then turned into a complete nervous wreck! It's one thing sending your illustrations away by email, or meeting up with someone to hand over an illustration they've specifically asked for, but suddenly it seemed pretty daunting to put yourself out there for public viewing. Fortunately, I didn't have to worry and within a few minutes of setting all my things out, I sold a drawing of a chihuahua (and breathed a massive sigh of relief!). Since then, I've been selling my prints weekly at a market, and expanded into not only prints, but greetings cards and jewellery with my illustrations embedded inside. The chihuahua has remained a popular little dog, but every week I would get asked for a pug. I've only ever seen one pug in real life, and at the same time, a little boy saw it and shouted "AAH! It's a monster!", and to be fair, I do kind of see his point. So, here is my go at a little pug, and hopefully, I'll have his wrinkly snout on t shirts soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment